Original decoration for your summer party: little guests at the cake buffet
There can’t ever be too many surprises when it comes to birthdays. It’s just a shame if your very best friend of all people happens to be on holiday at that time and your favourite aunt also can’t come to your tea party. A nice gimmick are stick-in cake or muffin figures made out of photos. And they’re this simple to make.
And these are the materials you need:
- Coloured or patterned paper
- A few toothpicks
- Washi tape
- Spray adhesive or a glue stick
2) Now carefully cut out the selected photos. With a few postures you will notice it is best to stick the miniature photos onto cardboard first so that they are more stable.
3) You can achieve very even sticking without any drips and clumps using a spray adhesive. Many of them are even removable if you make a mistake. Stick the cut out miniature figures onto the back of the patterned paper or cardboard you have chosen.
4) Now stick a toothpick onto the back of each of the pictures using a strip of the also easily removable Washi tape. It’s best to choose an appropriate place for the toothpick so that it disappears completely into the cupcake and therefore gives the impression that the figures are floating above the cake.
5) Once all the figures have toothpicks and are stuck into the muffins, the original decorations for the cake buffet are also finished. For a children’s birthday you can of course also use photos of toys or heroes from stories to make the perfect surprise!
Photos and text: Julia Marre • www.kommandokarottenbrei.de
Julia Marre is a freelance author and journalist with a penchant for photography and design. She writes the Kommando Karottenbrei blog. She crafts with photo products for ifolor and writes about these DIY projects and self-styled gifts.