Your Very Personal Winter Moments
The Photo Book for Your Winter Holidays
Winter time is photo time. Winter mountain panoramas, snow-covered landscapes and the children’s first attempts at skiing are excellent subjects for taking pictures. In a winter holiday photo book, you can compile the most beautiful snapshots using numerous tools and templates and thus keep your very special winter moments in memory.
Capturing shared experiences during the winter holidays
No matter if you’re using the smartphone or the action cam - a photo of the whole ski group, a steep descent or an après-ski party will be quickly stored in your device. Thus, after the winter holidays, a large number of photos has accumulated, and these have to be processed, sorted and selected.
When you do the sorting, summarize the pictures thematically or chronologically. This will make it easier for you to create a photo book later.
Tips on choice of motif and structure of the winter photo book
Motif selection for the photo book
If you manage to get the right mix of photos, your photo book will become a real eye-catcher. There are no limits to your imagination here. For example, you can create small collages that combine mountain panoramas at sunset and action photos from the ski slope. Of course, winter sports enthusiasts should not be missing from the photo book - single and group photos will show the experiences of the trips made together. In between you can also insert pictures of little breakdowns. Later on, when you look at the photo book with friends and family, there will always be something to laugh about and to reminisce together.
The structure: chronological or thematic?
Once the images are selected, you will need to decide on the structure of your photo book:
- classic chronological sequence of the winter holidays
- thematic design (e.g. arrival, accommodation, ski slope, food photos, children’s snowman)
- a mix of photos just as you like it
If you mix the photos, your photo book will appear livelier, since neither time nor thematic limits are set.
Your personal photo book with ifolor Designer
First steps: Select photo book and format
Using the ifolor Designer for Windows and Mac, you will have many options to include your handwriting in the photo book. First, select the right photo book.
- Very classic: The photo book deluxe with glossy laminated hardcover is available in many formats.
- Flat-lying pages: Using the photo book premium photo paper, for example, in the “A4 portrait” format, you will be able to display large-scale mountain panoramas perfectly over two pages.
- Format A3 landscape: Using the photo book deluxe or photo book premium photo paper in large format, you will be able to create collages of many pictures without the motifs becoming too small.
Design tips for your winter holiday photo book
You can design your winter photo book with the ifolor Designer and make use of its numerous design and editing effects.
Here are our five expert tips for designing:
- Choose the suitable layout for your photo book from numerous templates or design individual pages with placeholders for photos, texts, and backgrounds.
- Use winter landscape pictures as page background. If you use the standard “Mix” effect, the picture will stay in the background and won’t look too brash.
- Nostalgia and the mountains - these have always belonged together. Use retro effects for your photos, for example, “sepia” or “black and white”, to give your photo book a romantic charm. A fitting frame can underline the effect.
- Let individual pictures overlap. Not all photos need to be arranged horizontally. Just experiment a bit and be inspired by the numerous templates.
- Use standard effects so you can easily edit the brightness and contrast of your photos to get even more out of your pictures.