Gift idea – eye-catching photo chalkboard
DIY photo annual calendar
List of materials
- 1 A3 wooden board
- 1 big clip
- 2 small clips
- 12 photos
- 1 roll of black masking tape
- 14 black cards
- 1 waterproof liquid chalk pen
- 3 x M3 x 10 countersunk screws
- 3 x M3 nuts
- 2 x M6 x 100 hexagon bolts
- 4 x M6 hex nuts
- Black chalkboard colour (black acrylic paint is a possible alternative)
- 1 brush
- 1 drill with suitable attachments
3. Label the black cards with the waterproof chalkboard pen with the numbers:
1x = 0-9 / 1x = 0-3.
4. Draw the following holes:
1 x top centre – for the big clip.
2 x below the photo – for the small two clips.
2 x approx. 2 cm from the lower edge – for the "screws for setting up".
The lower two screws can also be omitted if you want to hang the annual calendar up.
5. Drill 5 holes.
6. Paint the wooden board on the front (let it dry) and back with chalkboard paint. Black acrylic paint is also suitable as an alternative. There is also the magnetic chalkboard colour for magnetic boards.
7. Fix the clips using the screws and nuts.
8. Fix the screws for setting up.
Guest blog by Miri Weber
Miri is a content creator, photographer & blogger. She loves conjuring up creative works with simple materials. On her blog you can find lots of small and big inspirational DIY ideas, healthy recipes and the most beautiful spots in the mountains.
Be inspired by her photos and videos.
Around the world with your photos
Ideas and tips for vacation photos and a tutorial on making photo books can be found here.
Perpetuating summer moments with the ifolor app
With the new ifolor app you can quickly and easily turn your summer moments into photo memories.