Five ideas for a creative Mother’s Day gift
Dear Dads, It’s Mother’s Day on 13 May? Did you know that your women are real superheroines? You lovely Dads are too, of course. You wave your superhero cape around every day too. That’s not being questioned here. And us women really do appreciate it! But on Mother’s Day us Mums are now being celebrated.
So it certainly can be said for once that we’re superheroines, can’t it? Go on then. We’re superheroines because…
- …we carry a baby and go without our much-loved sushi for whole 9 months
- …we stand in the kitchen at 5 a.m. in our superhero pyjamas making up bottles
- …we have the breakfast ready on the table at 7 a.m. Thanks to dry shampoo!
- …we always look pretty even with dark circles under our eyes and snot on our jumper
- …we watch patiently as our children try to tie their shoelaces
- …we more or less make it to the play group or childcare on time
- …we spend entire afternoons on the children’s playground, pushing swings and building sand castles
- …we conjure up crocodiles out of carrots and Easter bunnies out of toilet rolls
- …we never, I mean never, forget spare nappies. Ok, maybe sometimes
- …we bake the most fantastic children’s birthday cakes
- …we drop into bed dead tired at 11 p.m. only to comfort the crying baby just an hour later
- …we rock at managing the whole family
- …we also still earn our own money, almost as an aside, and wangle that whole reconciling family and job thing
1. Photo puzzle
Superheroines love being really spoilt now and again. How about breakfast in bed? No Mum is going to object to croissants and freshly squeezed orange juice. As long as you brush away the crumbs afterwards… You can hand over your Mother’s Day gift in the form of a photo puzzle. Either choose a ready-made design from ifolor or make your own, like me, and create a pretty text image using the Word Swag app beforehand.
2. Mobile phone case
Does your loved one have an iPhone? Then maybe she would like a personally designed mobile phone case. I have just used one photo so you can see the picture better and created the text “Best Mum” using the Word Swag app again. But there are different design templates that you can choose from with ifolor too.
3. Photo mugs
May I present: herb garden meets photo mugs. Create a photo mug for every member of the family and plant little herbs in them. Place the mugs on a lovely board and wrap the whole thing up with transparent paper. Alternatively, flowers can be used too. Anyone who wants to can buy or make a little decoration, aka cake topper (e.g. with the saying “Supermum!”) and stick it in with the little plant.
4. Kitchen calendar
For anyone who swears by paper schedulers: this kind of kitchen calendar is a practical tool for family management. You can not only enter birthdays and play dates on them but treat days too. Together with your children think of a personal gift once a month and write it in on the appropriate day. For example: Voucher for a foot massage, for a bouquet of flowers, for a cake baked by you, for a relaxing bath, for Sunday brunch etc.
5. Photo greeting cards
And last but not least I’d like you to take the following to heart. Dear Dads, flowers are ALWAYS a perfect Mother’s Day gift! Pick a wonderful bunch of flowers with your children or buy one. To go with this, create a photo greeting card (mine in the picture is a maxicard in A4 format), with your children think about why your partner and their Mum is your favourite, personal superheroine and write this on the card.
All the pictures in this feature were taken by Isabelle Kade / Mini & Stil and are subject to copyright.
Isabelle Kade from Mini & Stil
Hold on to them, the most beautiful moments of your year!
The New Year always triggers conflicting feelings in me. I look forward to what lies ahead, but look back on the old year a bit sadly at the same time. I reflect. Go through the months in my mind.
Christmas-Themed Table Decorations
With our creative crafting tips you can create Christmas-themed table decorations with a personal note by using self-designed photo greeting cards. Let yourself be inspired!