DIY: homemade Christmas tree decorations
With Christmas tree baubles made from your photos, your holidays will be really unique
Photos, silk ribbon and craft items - with just these three things, you can make cheap and effortless Christmas tree decorations. This is very simple and is also suitable for craft evenings with children! We at ifolor are delighted with our little Christmas tree baubles, made from 10-format photos. It also works with photos in 11 format (and is then even easier).
What you will need
Order digital photos at www.ifolor.ch/en/digitalphotos or via the ifolor app on your smartphone/tablet. We recommend photos in the 10 and 11 format. The photos will be delivered to your home within a few days. Then you can begin.
+ Digital photos
+ Bifurcated rivets
+ Silk ribbon
It's so simple
1. Measure out the longer edge of the photo and divide it up into 10 equally large parts on the back of the photo. Number the parts.
2. Cut the photo into strips on the cutting lines.
3. Stamp holes approx. 1 cm from the edge at both ends of the strips, using the hole-punch. The strips can be hole-punched in one go.
4. Place the centre of the 10 cm long ribbon at the upper hole of the photo strips. Join the photos and ribbon together with the bifurcated rivet.
5. Pin up the other ends of the strips using the pen.
6. Pull the strips apart evenly to form a ball. Hang up by fastening the ribbon to make a loop.
The Christmas tree decoration are ready!
The personalised Christmas tree decorations are ready! You can create as many baubles as you feel like making. We decorated almost an entire fir tree with these baubles!
Please make sure that you do not hang your home-made Christmas tree balls (or any other tree decorations) too close to an open flame, like candles, because these decorations are not fire-proof.
Photo Christmas Gifts for the Parents
5 creative photo gifts for the parents - we’ll show you how you can design something completely personalised to bring joy to your parents this Christmas season.
Design Your Own Songbook for Christmas Eve
Singing together with your loved ones is a lovely way to spend Christmas Eve. Here you’ll learn how you can design your own songbook for Christmas Eve.